Child / Adult account comingled... Help!

Devices:

Ipad Air: Used by me (fam organizer)

mac mini: Used by me

Ipad 2020: Used by child - age 8

all the same apple id...

Ipad pro: wife's apple id

ipad 2019 used by preschooler child apple id

android phone: me

iphone: wife

Started back in apple ecosystem with the ipad 2018 for usage with autistic son

content has done wonders for him, his social skills, language and math, he's on his second ipad at this point.

Mac mini is used by me for recording music, love it.

My end goal here would be to reserve my apple id on my ipad air and mac mini and transfer all his paid apps to

his own apple id without having to repurchase everything or losing any digital assets that are not login based such as roblox.

Of course I should have set him up with his own id out of the box, but, I didn't have any other items in the ecosystem at the time.

Thank for your help. Apple store has turned me away twice and given me phone numbers that dead end or are just wrong.

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 1:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 2:16 PM

emotivestudios wrote:

…transfer all his paid apps to his own apple id …

Not possible. Apps, are forever tied to the Apple ID that bought / downloaded them.

You can share said apps with anybody else within the family sharing group however. If they have their own user account separate from the Apple ID, you can log in to them with that, and preserve all data.

perhaps the best course of action, is for you to relinquish the Apple ID that holds all the purchases, and get a different one for yourself.

Roblox definitely had a login, and stores all data on their own servers. So logging in with those credentials should let you access and preserve any progress and purchases made within.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2023 2:16 PM in response to emotivestudios

emotivestudios wrote:

…transfer all his paid apps to his own apple id …

Not possible. Apps, are forever tied to the Apple ID that bought / downloaded them.

You can share said apps with anybody else within the family sharing group however. If they have their own user account separate from the Apple ID, you can log in to them with that, and preserve all data.

perhaps the best course of action, is for you to relinquish the Apple ID that holds all the purchases, and get a different one for yourself.

Roblox definitely had a login, and stores all data on their own servers. So logging in with those credentials should let you access and preserve any progress and purchases made within.

Child / Adult account comingled... Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.