How accurate is the location of a device in Find My?

How accurate is the located device or person to the position in the map?

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 11:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2023 6:29 AM

It depends upon what is being used to determine its location. The chances of locating a device depend upon which features you selected in:

Set up Find My on your iPhone, Mac, and other devices - Set up Find My on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac - Apple Support

GPS signals can vary. If I am at home and I am using GPS, it usually has a circle around where my phone is located but I can't tell if it is in the house or in the garage. GPS signals can also be very poor and then you're lucky if it can tell within a mile or two.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2023 6:29 AM in response to Pinkmanaz2

It depends upon what is being used to determine its location. The chances of locating a device depend upon which features you selected in:

Set up Find My on your iPhone, Mac, and other devices - Set up Find My on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac - Apple Support

GPS signals can vary. If I am at home and I am using GPS, it usually has a circle around where my phone is located but I can't tell if it is in the house or in the garage. GPS signals can also be very poor and then you're lucky if it can tell within a mile or two.

How accurate is the location of a device in Find My?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.