Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

iphone 14 pro max restart on its own

Why does my iphone 14 pro max keep restarting on its own? i’ll be using it now i normally do and then it the screen becomes unresponsive and the phone restarts.

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 17, 2023 2:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2023 2:14 AM

To check if it is a temprary glitch, try a "forced" restart of your device using these instructions: Put it on charge for at least half an hour, then, keeping it plugged in, use these gestures:

Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side (power) button. Only when the Apple logo appears (it might take 10-20 seconds), release that button (ignore all other screens that might appear, the one with the "slider" to turn the device off included).

If the issue persists, it could be a hardware (digitizer? other internal component?) failure but we, just users like you, cannot diagnose that issue remotely, sorry.

Since your iPhone is still covered by warranty, I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> https://locate.apple.com/choose-country-region . After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2023 2:14 AM in response to PsycoKillz

To check if it is a temprary glitch, try a "forced" restart of your device using these instructions: Put it on charge for at least half an hour, then, keeping it plugged in, use these gestures:

Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side (power) button. Only when the Apple logo appears (it might take 10-20 seconds), release that button (ignore all other screens that might appear, the one with the "slider" to turn the device off included).

If the issue persists, it could be a hardware (digitizer? other internal component?) failure but we, just users like you, cannot diagnose that issue remotely, sorry.

Since your iPhone is still covered by warranty, I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> https://locate.apple.com/choose-country-region . After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

iphone 14 pro max restart on its own

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.