Lock screen password

Sir i have forgotten my lock screen password but i have my apple id logged in my ipad. So is there any way to open my iphone lock screen as i forget my lock screen password without loosing my data. I dont want to loose my data

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 17, 2023 4:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2023 4:22 AM

Yes, there is a way to unlock your iPad without losing your data if you have your Apple ID logged in. Here's how:

1. On another device, go to iCloud.com and log in with your Apple ID.
  2. Click on "Find iPhone" and then select your iPad from the list of devices.
  3. Click on "Erase iPad" and then confirm that you want to erase the device. This will erase all data from your iPad and reset the password.
  4. Once the iPad is erased, you'll be given the option to restore your data from an iCloud backup. Choose the backup that you want to restore and follow the prompts to restore your data.
  5. Once the data is restored, you'll be able to access your iPad without the lock screen password.

Note: This method will only work if you have previously enabled the "Find My" feature on your iPad and have your Apple ID logged in. If you have not enabled this feature, you will not be able to use this method and will need to contact Apple Support for further assistance.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2023 4:22 AM in response to fahim69

Yes, there is a way to unlock your iPad without losing your data if you have your Apple ID logged in. Here's how:

1. On another device, go to iCloud.com and log in with your Apple ID.
  2. Click on "Find iPhone" and then select your iPad from the list of devices.
  3. Click on "Erase iPad" and then confirm that you want to erase the device. This will erase all data from your iPad and reset the password.
  4. Once the iPad is erased, you'll be given the option to restore your data from an iCloud backup. Choose the backup that you want to restore and follow the prompts to restore your data.
  5. Once the data is restored, you'll be able to access your iPad without the lock screen password.

Note: This method will only work if you have previously enabled the "Find My" feature on your iPad and have your Apple ID logged in. If you have not enabled this feature, you will not be able to use this method and will need to contact Apple Support for further assistance.

Lock screen password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.