piano sound does not come through on Zoom

I teach piano and the last couple of times I tried to use Zoom the instrument's sound did not go through. The spoken voice is ok, but the music is 98% cut out. I reinstalled Zoom, and installed Ventura. (Zoom did not work on the previous OS either.) Is there automatic noise reduction in the OS that I should turn off so the computer would pick up the music?? Ho can I fix this? It really hampers my work.

Posted on Apr 17, 2023 8:49 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

May 14, 2023 6:38 PM in response to Randall_2023

Any luck, I'm going to put a trouble ticket in with Zoom tomorrow with my corporate account.

I can't believe this problem has been going on for at least a month. I'm imagine a lot of folks depend on zoom to do some kind of musical business lessons.

I ran into this issue today. I did EVERY combination I could try with zoom settings, using Rode Connect Stream for the microphone, using the Rodeo microphone as a device, built in Macbook mouse, even tried running the Zoom app on the phone. All scenarios had the same result, the piano audio drops, voice works fine.

I can use the same microphones in QuickTime, no issues with audio, I can record the audio and share QuickTime via zoom and it works fine. So this is most likely a Zoom issue since the problem is on two different platforms. I'm going to bring home my windows notebook and try it with windows to see if the problem continues.

Anyone had any luck finding a resolution? -R

piano sound does not come through on Zoom

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.