Cant downgrade my storage plan

I cant remove my card information from my phone without canceling my iCloud subscription and I can not do that i try to press the free option and done and nothing will happen it stays at the 200 gb option I don’t want to lose any of my photos or any important information if i can’t pay for the upgraded subscription is there any way to fix this??

Posted on Apr 17, 2023 10:48 AM

1 reply

Apr 19, 2023 11:41 AM in response to Nina222sleepy

Hey Nina222sleepy,

We'd be happy to help out if you're unable to downgrade your iCloud storage plan. To get started we'd like to make sure you're using the proper steps to do so:

How to downgrade or cancel your iCloud+ plan on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Tap your name.
3. Tap iCloud.
4. Tap Manage Account Storage or Manage Storage.
Manage Account Storage is towards the top of iCloud settings.
5. Tap Change Storage Plan.
Change Storage Plan is below the Share With Family button.
6. Tap Downgrade Options and enter your Apple ID password.
The Downgrade Options button is towards the bottom of the page, below Upgrade Options.
7. Choose a different plan:
* To downgrade your plan, choose a new storage amount.
* To cancel iCloud+, choose the free 5GB plan or choose None.
8. Tap Done. If you can't tap Done, make sure that you're signed in with the same Apple ID that you use for your iCloud+ plan. You can also try following these steps on a different device. If you still need help, contact Apple Support.

If you downgrade or cancel your iCloud+ plan, the change takes effect after your current subscription billing period ends.

This is outlined further here: Downgrade or cancel your iCloud+ plan - Apple Support

We hope this helps out. If you continue to have issues though, don't hesitate to let us know.

Take care!

Cant downgrade my storage plan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.