Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Apple Watch Battery Life

My series 6, had since a week after release date, so around 2.5 years old, seems to be draining the battery a lot quicker than it ever did, since recent update. Was on 95% 5 hours ago, hasn’t been used for any workouts today, or anything, but is now on 40%.

Battery health shows 85% too.

Any ideas how to sort the battery drain or work out what’s suddenly causing it?

Thanks

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on Apr 18, 2023 4:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 4:55 AM

So about 10 minutes after writing this yesterday I decided to reboot the watch and phone.

Phone was fine, watch seemed to take longer than usual and came back with about 20% battery remaining. So nearly a full battery used in around 6 hours.

Fully charged last night and worn to bed. Woke up this morning and it’s on 95%, even now, some 5 hours later it’s on 85%, so issue seems resolved by a reboot.

Strange that it only really started happening since last update

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2023 4:55 AM in response to Rudegar

So about 10 minutes after writing this yesterday I decided to reboot the watch and phone.

Phone was fine, watch seemed to take longer than usual and came back with about 20% battery remaining. So nearly a full battery used in around 6 hours.

Fully charged last night and worn to bed. Woke up this morning and it’s on 95%, even now, some 5 hours later it’s on 85%, so issue seems resolved by a reboot.

Strange that it only really started happening since last update

Apple Watch Battery Life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.