Iphone 12 pro overheating and restarting frequently

I recently got an Iphone 12 pro, the phone heats up a lot even during daily tasks and restarts, it get's stuck in a boot loop until it cools down and then restarts properly. This happens while doing tasks like editing videos or sometimes even while charging. The phone heats up a lot.

I have tried to -

• Reset
  • Hard reset
  • Close apps
  • Check apps that use the most battery

It has started becoming very frequent and irritating, I have to keep my phone in the fridge for 5 mins as it heats up so much.

Currently on the latest iOS 16.4.1 with all apps up to date.

Kindly advise.

Thanks

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Apr 18, 2023 5:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2023 7:28 AM

Good afternoon AdvitHamal,

It might be helpful for you to speak directly with Apple about this issue with your iPhone overheating and restarting.

They'll be in the best position to investigate this further.  Click the link below, choose the phone number for your region (or the closest one to it) from the list, and call when it is convenient. 

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Take care.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2023 7:28 AM in response to AdvitHamal

Good afternoon AdvitHamal,

It might be helpful for you to speak directly with Apple about this issue with your iPhone overheating and restarting.

They'll be in the best position to investigate this further.  Click the link below, choose the phone number for your region (or the closest one to it) from the list, and call when it is convenient. 

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Take care.

Sep 13, 2023 9:04 AM in response to AdvitHamal

I know this was a few months ago, but have you found any good solutions? I also have the 12 pro and it does the exact same thing, it’s getting more frequent which is really frustrating. It starts to get hot, and then freezes up and powers down, but then gets stuck in a boot up/shut down cycle until it cools off and can restart properly. The only solution I’ve found is to hold the power button and volume down button at the same time, keep holding it until after the Apple logo disappears (about 20 seconds) and that will allow it to power off and stay off. I leave it off for about 5 minutes and put it in front of the AC vent to allow it to cool down, and then it restarts fine. But it’s quite annoying having to do that all the time or worry about it freezing and powering down when I’m trying to do something! Just looking for any better solutions. I’ve done reset, hard reset, factory reset, keep all apps closed when done using them, system is up to date. I’m at a loss.

Iphone 12 pro overheating and restarting frequently

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.