Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

How to add a contact from recent calls on iPhone?

Trying to add a Recent call to Check bracts. I click on the i next to the call but Create new contact bract or Add to existing contact is not listed as an option. Other than typing the number on keypad and adding that way I can’t figure out another way. There must be a way to add from Recents without manually retyping

[Email Edited by Moderator]

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 18, 2023 8:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2023 8:42 AM

Weird. The gestures you used should work, as per this support page:--> Use Contacts from the Phone app on iPhone at the section "Add a recent caller to Contacts".

No idea why it isn't showing the two options.

Have you already tried to restart your iPhone?

If it still doesn't work, contact Apple Support directly, using this link:--> Contact Apple for support and service

Regards

Giulio

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2023 8:42 AM in response to lavonia273

Weird. The gestures you used should work, as per this support page:--> Use Contacts from the Phone app on iPhone at the section "Add a recent caller to Contacts".

No idea why it isn't showing the two options.

Have you already tried to restart your iPhone?

If it still doesn't work, contact Apple Support directly, using this link:--> Contact Apple for support and service

Regards

Giulio

Apr 18, 2023 9:01 AM in response to ProustGiulio

No o haven’t restarted my phone as this has been a consistent problem and honestly I don’t think restarting would make a difference. Thing is I can edit the calls info as in name and type of phone number as if it is already in my Contacts after clicking the I n txt to the call in Recents. When I looked up the # phone in Safari and clicked to call, the name of the company auto filled in Recents. Maybe Apple will have a solution. Thx for responding

How to add a contact from recent calls on iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.