iPhone, Pro Max auto white balance disable?

I just bought the iPhone pro max specifically to shoot video in a professional environment, the Camera so far has performed beautifully, the only issue I am having is the white balance drifts, even when shooting in a controlled lighting environment. Does anyone know how to get around this? I understand there are third-party apps, but they do not use the color science that Apple uses in its photo App and seems to not be as nice of an image.

Thank you

Posted on Apr 18, 2023 9:32 AM

1 reply

May 26, 2024 6:55 AM in response to Mark J1

there's a white balance setting to "lock white balance while recording video" in ios 17.4.1 under settings > camera > record video > scroll to the bottom and lock white balance while recording video toggle

As far as I know there's no way to turn off automatic white balance or built in control for white balance in setting or the built in camera app, it requires a 3rd party app like procam. I came to the apple support forums for that very reason because even under the same exact environment same lighting same light distance, brightness, temperature setting etc the camera tries to auto white balance and macro pictures end up being too cool and main lens portrait mode photos too warm and there's no built-in way to adjust it or turn off the auto white balance for photos that I'm aware of.

iPhone, Pro Max auto white balance disable?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.