How do I change the Mail settings to view all 3 email accounts and folders?

I have a Mac mini. I have 3 email accounts on it (Gmail, Hotmail & Outlook). Until today when I opened Mail I would see all 3 email accounts and I could open any folder (inbox, sent, draft, etc.). Today I seemed to have messed something up. When I open Mail I can only see all the inboxes (it doesn't distinguish between the 3 email accounts) and no other folders. So my question is, how do I change the settings to view all 3 email accounts and folders?

[Re-titled by Moderator]

Mac mini, macOS 13.2

Posted on Apr 18, 2023 12:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2023 12:11 PM

Thank you Old Toad and everyone else. I just realized what the problem was. I had to move the cursor to the extreme left of the screen to be able to view the mailboxes and folders. So now I see them all again! Sorry to have bothered everyone and again thanks for your help.

12 replies

Apr 21, 2023 9:14 AM in response to Madbrow67

Give this a try: boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE 1: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

NOTE 2: if you have a wireless keyboard with rechargeable batteries connect it with its charging cable before booting into Safe Mode. This makes it act as a wired keyboard as will insure a successful boot into Safe Mode.

Apr 19, 2023 3:52 PM in response to Old Toad

Thanks everyone but none of this works. The problem is I have a completely blank left side window when I open Mail. When I receive an email it shows me the email there but not which email account it is in (though I can usually guess) and not which folder (though it is obviously the inbox). It's just blank, no Mail account names or folders, so there is nothing to click on or expand.

Do you think I should delete all the mail accounts and reinstall them?

How do I change the Mail settings to view all 3 email accounts and folders?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.