Lost But Found

I found a lost iPad and I want to return it but the owners iCloud won’t pop up for me to send an email! How can I return it?

iPad Pro (6th generation)

Posted on Apr 18, 2023 5:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2023 6:48 PM

Baybee_Buhnie Said:

"Lost But Found: I found a lost iPad and I want to return it but the owners iCloud won’t pop up for me to send an email! How can I return it?"

-------

Returning a Found Device:

Be honest about this and hand it in to local authorities, or to the lost-&-found lat the location you found it at. There is nothing that can be done about it on Apple's end. If you were at school, then hand it in to the proper staff member. If you were near a local store or restaurant, then hand it in to the one closest to where you found it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2023 6:48 PM in response to Baybee_Buhnie

Baybee_Buhnie Said:

"Lost But Found: I found a lost iPad and I want to return it but the owners iCloud won’t pop up for me to send an email! How can I return it?"

-------

Returning a Found Device:

Be honest about this and hand it in to local authorities, or to the lost-&-found lat the location you found it at. There is nothing that can be done about it on Apple's end. If you were at school, then hand it in to the proper staff member. If you were near a local store or restaurant, then hand it in to the one closest to where you found it.

Apr 19, 2023 4:17 AM in response to Baybee_Buhnie

Apple cannot (and will not) assist with reuniting a lost device with its owner. Unless a found device has an active network connection - and the owner has marked the device as lost with a visible message in-screen, you’ll not be able to identify the owner or any contact information.

The best advice that can be offered is that you hand the device to your local authorities - along with a description of where and when the device was found. Alternatively, if found at a public transport hub, they will likely have a lost a found department with whom you can deposit the found item.

Lost But Found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.