Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

iPhone mail app no longer working

How do I restore my mail app on iPhone. Not working

iPhone 12

Posted on Apr 18, 2023 6:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2023 5:28 AM

My apple phone mail says I have no mail . l know l have at least 200 unread. how can i fix this?

26 replies

Apr 18, 2023 6:38 PM in response to chrisc2141

If your iPhone's Mail app is not working, there are several steps you can take to try and restore it:

1. Check your internet connection: Make sure your iPhone is connected to the internet by checking your Wi-Fi or cellular data connection.

2. Restart your iPhone: Sometimes, simply restarting your iPhone can resolve issues with the Mail app. Press and hold the power button until the "slide to power off" option appears, then slide the button to turn off your iPhone. Wait a few seconds, then press and hold the power button again to turn it back on.

3. Check for software updates: Make sure your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS. Go to Settings > General > Software Update and check for any available updates.

4. Delete and re-add your email account: Sometimes, removing and re-adding your email account can resolve issues with the Mail app. Go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts, find your email account, and tap "Delete Account." Then, tap "Add Account" and follow the prompts to re-add your email account.

5. Reset your iPhone's network settings: Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will reset your iPhone's network settings to their default values, which can sometimes resolve issues with the Mail app.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, you may need to contact Apple support for further assistance.

Jan 6, 2024 6:54 AM in response to fancydancer1

fancydancer1 wrote:

What if I have tried ALL these steps and Still cannot get email app to work? It keeps telling me the same thing "No password provided" even though I know 200% I have the correct password

You may know it for 200%, but your email provider knows that it is NOT correct. o you and the email provider will have to negotiate.

Apr 2, 2024 8:56 PM in response to chrisc2141

My emails are appearing in front of me on the app then disappear. They are on the server and receiving them with outlook and gmail app but I’m not a fan of them. I want my iOS to work. I have tried everything, turned off the phone, deleted the account and reading. Oh I can send a emails from the same account on the app but just not receiving. What else can I do?

iPhone mail app no longer working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.