My Ipad is stuck in the restore mode and the on/off button is stuck

iPad Air, iPadOS 14

Posted on Apr 18, 2023 8:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 2:59 AM

If the top (sleep/wake) button is stuck, you have a problem. If the iPad is within a fitted case, try removing the case.

Whilst Accessibility features (such as assistive touch) can be used to augment the User Interface, these features cannot be used as a substitute for physical button sequences that must be used to trigger system recovery actions. Sooner or later, as now, you may encounter a situation from which you cannot recover.

If your iPad has any damaged/unresponsive physical buttons, until repaired, you will not be able to resolve many problems - such as restoring an iPad.

You would be best advised to visit visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to assess your iPad - and if possible, assist with restoring your iPad. If repair is required, you’ll be in the best possible place to explore your available options:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2023 2:59 AM in response to HifromAK

If the top (sleep/wake) button is stuck, you have a problem. If the iPad is within a fitted case, try removing the case.

Whilst Accessibility features (such as assistive touch) can be used to augment the User Interface, these features cannot be used as a substitute for physical button sequences that must be used to trigger system recovery actions. Sooner or later, as now, you may encounter a situation from which you cannot recover.

If your iPad has any damaged/unresponsive physical buttons, until repaired, you will not be able to resolve many problems - such as restoring an iPad.

You would be best advised to visit visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to assess your iPad - and if possible, assist with restoring your iPad. If repair is required, you’ll be in the best possible place to explore your available options:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Apr 18, 2023 8:37 PM in response to HifromAK

HifromAK Said:

"My Ipad is stuck in the restore mode and the on/off button is stuck"

-------

Troubleshooting a Frozen iPad:

Seems you have a frozen iPad. So try the tips at these Apple Support links:

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.