Why is my iphone icloud backup so small?

Can someone explain to me why my iphone icloud backup is only 11GB when my photo library alone is 38GB (see screenshot)?

I am not sycing my iphone photos to icloud, so my photo library should be included in my iphone backup.

Thanks!

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 18, 2023 8:48 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Apr 20, 2023 4:27 PM in response to wswygert1

Hello wswygert1,

We would like to see how we can help you with the size of your iCloud backup. Once the initial iCloud backup is made, iCloud backups from there on are incremental for any changes to your iPhone since the last backup. It's always a good idea to check you iCloud storage though to make sure you have plenty of space with this link: Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

Cheers!

Apr 20, 2023 5:00 PM in response to wswygert1

Thanks for the additional information, wswygert1.

Since there are other amounts with your iPhone storage that seem to be different than what you expect, the next best step would be to contact the Apple Support team from this point. You can reach them here: Get Support

You can also find the support phone number for your region at this link: Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Take care.

Apr 20, 2023 4:46 PM in response to Sean_B1

I have over 1.9TB still available in iCloud, so that's not the issue.

I'm also seeing weird things with my local iPhone storage. It's saying that I'm only using 44.4GB of storage, but that's obviously not true. As you can see in the screenshot below, my Photos and Messages alone are taking up more space than that.

Is there an explanation for either of these discrepancies? I'm starting to lack confidence that apple is storing any of my data properly. Thanks.

Why is my iphone icloud backup so small?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.