where can I find my downloaded apps on Ipad 3

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 9:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 9:12 AM

Apps for iOS/iPadOS are downloaded and installed directly from the Apple App Store. The installation process will automatically add the App to one of your Home Screens - or if this feature has been disabled in settings, the App will be accessible from the App Library.

Older models of iPad with versions of iOS that precede iPadOS15 do not have the App Library. For older models, installed Apps will always appear on a Home Screen. Apps can be manually moved to an App Folder - such folders themselves always being on one of your Home screens.

If you cannot find an installed App, you can use the Search function…

To Search from the Home Screen, simply touch any empty area of a Home Screen with your finger - other than the extreme edges edges or corners of the screen - and swipe downwards to expose the Search dialogue. Just type the name of the App that you wish to find.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2023 9:12 AM in response to alli57

Apps for iOS/iPadOS are downloaded and installed directly from the Apple App Store. The installation process will automatically add the App to one of your Home Screens - or if this feature has been disabled in settings, the App will be accessible from the App Library.

Older models of iPad with versions of iOS that precede iPadOS15 do not have the App Library. For older models, installed Apps will always appear on a Home Screen. Apps can be manually moved to an App Folder - such folders themselves always being on one of your Home screens.

If you cannot find an installed App, you can use the Search function…

To Search from the Home Screen, simply touch any empty area of a Home Screen with your finger - other than the extreme edges edges or corners of the screen - and swipe downwards to expose the Search dialogue. Just type the name of the App that you wish to find.

Apr 19, 2023 10:55 AM in response to LotusPilot

Thank you. However I downloaded an apk file which is downloaded onto my Ipad but does not open. I changed the location to my iPad instead of the library and I still cannot open it.

Does that mean the apk downloads are not permitted? Is there a way to bypass this option?

Thank you for any help you can provide. Also note I try searching for it as you suggested on the Home Screen but it did not work.

Jun 7, 2023 11:14 PM in response to alli57

Applications for iOS/iPadOS are obtained and installed directly from the Apple App Store. During the installation process, the app is automatically placed on one of your Home Screens. However, if you have disabled this feature in your settings, the app will be accessible from the App Library.

If you are using an older iPad model with an iOS version preceding iPadOS 15, you won't have access to the App Library. In such cases, installed apps will always be visible on a Home Screen. You can manually organize apps by moving them into app folders, which are located on your Home Screens.

If you are unable to locate a specific installed app, you can use the Search function. To do so, touch any empty area on a Home Screen (excluding the extreme edges or corners of the screen) and swipe downwards to reveal the Search dialogue. Simply enter the name of the app you want to find.

Jun 8, 2023 1:24 PM in response to alli57

To acquire and install applications on iOS/iPadOS devices, users can directly obtain them from the Apple App Store. Once the installation process is initiated, the app will be automatically placed on one of the Home Screens. However, if the option to disable this feature has been enabled in the device settings, the app can be accessed from the App Library instead.

The App Library feature is not available for users utilizing older iPad models with iOS versions prior to iPadOS 15. In such instances, installed apps will always be visible on a Home Screen. To organize apps manually, users can move them into app folders located on their Home Screens.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.