How can I use an iTunes gift card bought in a foreign country?

Hi, I have a problem with the gift card that I bought for my brother. I bought it in Spain roughly 20 Euro. When my brother tried to redeem it, he got this message "The code must be redeemed in another storefront". Because I made mistake to buy. His account is US. Would you please help me to solve this issue? :(((((

[Re-titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 10:24 AM

From: If you can't redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes Gift Card - Apple Support --> Card or code is from a different country or region:

"If you see a message that says the code must be redeemed in another storefront, the card was probably purchased in another country or region. You can't redeem Apple Gift Cards or App Store & iTunes Gift Cards outside of the country or region of purchase. For example, if you bought an App Store & iTunes Gift Card in France, you can't redeem it in the App Store in the United States."

Give it to somebody who lives in Spain.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2023 10:24 AM in response to Mahsasamsami

From: If you can't redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes Gift Card - Apple Support --> Card or code is from a different country or region:

"If you see a message that says the code must be redeemed in another storefront, the card was probably purchased in another country or region. You can't redeem Apple Gift Cards or App Store & iTunes Gift Cards outside of the country or region of purchase. For example, if you bought an App Store & iTunes Gift Card in France, you can't redeem it in the App Store in the United States."

Give it to somebody who lives in Spain.

How can I use an iTunes gift card bought in a foreign country?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.