Watching downloaded films on iPad

Going on a flight soon and would like to know how to watch downloaded films, last time I could watch a bought film but not the rented one, when researched upon returning and learnt that you should start the film to play while connected to Wi-Fi then it would be ready to watch in your library, I did this but could still not not watch as they were not in my library with not being connected to Wi-F, I am now at a loss of what I need to do?

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 11:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 11:38 AM

Different streaming services have differing requirements for download and live-stream. Some counterintuitively still require a WiFi connection, to verify licence, before previously downloaded content will play.

If you provide more information about the App/service that you are using, contributors may be better placed to provide specific guidance.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2023 11:38 AM in response to vickisky

Different streaming services have differing requirements for download and live-stream. Some counterintuitively still require a WiFi connection, to verify licence, before previously downloaded content will play.

If you provide more information about the App/service that you are using, contributors may be better placed to provide specific guidance.

Watching downloaded films on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.