I updated and now have 2 part security how do I undo it

when I updated my phone it now has 2 step authentication. I only had a 4 digit passcode and now it has 6. . What do I use for this code and how can I undo it

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 11:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 11:31 AM

There is a difference between Passcode and Apple ID Verification Code. Apple ID Verification Code always consists of 6 digits.

What do I use for this code and how can I undo it

Read again the information in -> Related Article: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID

• If you're already using two-factor authentication with your Apple ID, you can't turn it off. If you updated to two-factor authentication inadvertently, you can turn it off within two weeks of enrollment. If you do, your account is less secure and you can't use features that require a higher level of security.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2023 11:31 AM in response to Lisahunter6533

There is a difference between Passcode and Apple ID Verification Code. Apple ID Verification Code always consists of 6 digits.

What do I use for this code and how can I undo it

Read again the information in -> Related Article: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID

• If you're already using two-factor authentication with your Apple ID, you can't turn it off. If you updated to two-factor authentication inadvertently, you can turn it off within two weeks of enrollment. If you do, your account is less secure and you can't use features that require a higher level of security.

I updated and now have 2 part security how do I undo it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.