I am unable to receive AirDrop from my iPhone

I recently updated the software on my Mac and now I am unable to receive airdrop from my phone. I can send from my Mac with no issues. I've seemingly checked all of the details to allow airdrop. I can see the option to send, but it continually spins.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.3

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 11:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2023 4:59 PM

Recently updated software on Mac to version 13.4?

When you say you "see the option to send, but it continually spins", is this from your iPhone after you have chosen the Mac to send it to? Does it show "Waiting" on your iPhone?

Have you restarted the Mac? Does starting in Safe Mode make a difference?

At General > AirPlay & Handoff > AirDrop, what is it set at? You can try setting it to Everyone to test.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2023 4:59 PM in response to tripchic

Recently updated software on Mac to version 13.4?

When you say you "see the option to send, but it continually spins", is this from your iPhone after you have chosen the Mac to send it to? Does it show "Waiting" on your iPhone?

Have you restarted the Mac? Does starting in Safe Mode make a difference?

At General > AirPlay & Handoff > AirDrop, what is it set at? You can try setting it to Everyone to test.

Jun 4, 2023 2:35 AM in response to Mac Jim ID

Hi, same problem here... After updating my macOS to version 13.4 and my iPhone 16.5 the air drop stopped working.

I tried various settings on both devices (Contacts Only/Everyone etc.), tried to switch on and off both AirDrop and Bluetooth on both devices, tried to disconnect from WiFi, tried both hard and soft restarts on both devices. But without any change.

And of course, both devices are as close as possible to each other.

The thing is, if I open Finder > AirDrop, then I can see my phone but when I try to send files (photos) from my phone, it gets stuck on "Waiting..."

Any ideas? Or do we have to wait for a fix by Apple?

I am unable to receive AirDrop from my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.