Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can we record an important FaceTime call?

How can we record an important FaceTime call

iPhone 13

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 2:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 2:33 PM

Recording a FaceTime call on an iPhone is possible using the built-in screen recording feature. Here are the steps to follow:

1. Open the Control Center on your iPhone. On iPhone X or later models, swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen to access the Control Center. On earlier iPhone models, swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
  2. Tap the screen recording icon. It looks like a circle with a dot inside.
  3. Wait for the three-second countdown to finish.
  4. Open FaceTime and start the call.
  5. Once the call is finished, go to the Control Center and tap the screen recording icon again to stop the recording.
  6. The recording will be saved in your Photos app.

*** IMPORTANT *** Be sure you understand any legal ramifications of recording this call. You should check with your local authorities for any rules/regulations related to this.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2023 2:33 PM in response to BarrioSantaCruz

Recording a FaceTime call on an iPhone is possible using the built-in screen recording feature. Here are the steps to follow:

1. Open the Control Center on your iPhone. On iPhone X or later models, swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen to access the Control Center. On earlier iPhone models, swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
  2. Tap the screen recording icon. It looks like a circle with a dot inside.
  3. Wait for the three-second countdown to finish.
  4. Open FaceTime and start the call.
  5. Once the call is finished, go to the Control Center and tap the screen recording icon again to stop the recording.
  6. The recording will be saved in your Photos app.

*** IMPORTANT *** Be sure you understand any legal ramifications of recording this call. You should check with your local authorities for any rules/regulations related to this.

Feb 14, 2024 6:14 PM in response to BarrioSantaCruz

BarrioSantaCruz wrote:

Unfortunately, the directions we’re not working for me. I think I need someone to talk me through it because I wasn’t finding the gray button.

Fore detail instructions with pictures:

Record the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you do not have the screen recording option in Control Center, go to Settings > Control Center, and choose the green plus button next to Screen Recording if it is not showing that it is installed.

Jun 1, 2023 6:51 PM in response to BarrioSantaCruz

hello~
​

The iPhone cannot record calls on its own.

So recording through the Apple Watch is currently the best way.

​

If you use an app called '1SecondRecord',

It is possible to record a little more conveniently.

​

If you make gestures such as clenching and opening your fist or touching your thumb and forefinger,

Recording starts automatically.

When your hands are not free (or when you are driving) or you need to record in a hurry!

It is very useful because recording starts as soon as you clench your fist.

​
Moreover, even more so in today's world.

Very useful for children and office workers.

You can search for '1SecondRecord' in the App Store.

Please refer to it

How can we record an important FaceTime call?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.