Apple credit card

How to remove my Apple credit card. It is canceled

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 2:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 2:36 PM

Here are the instructions for removing a credit card but please keep in mind, if that Apple Card is the only payment method, Apple may require you to add a new method of payment before it will allow you to remove the Apple Card.

Remove a payment method from your Apple ID - Apple Support

Remove a payment method on your iPhone or iPad

1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Tap your name.
  3. Tap Payment & Shipping.
  4. Tap Edit, tap the red Delete button, then tap Remove.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2023 2:36 PM in response to Bevsvet

Here are the instructions for removing a credit card but please keep in mind, if that Apple Card is the only payment method, Apple may require you to add a new method of payment before it will allow you to remove the Apple Card.

Remove a payment method from your Apple ID - Apple Support

Remove a payment method on your iPhone or iPad

1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Tap your name.
  3. Tap Payment & Shipping.
  4. Tap Edit, tap the red Delete button, then tap Remove.

Apr 19, 2023 9:15 PM in response to Bevsvet

Bevsvet Said:

"Apple credit card: How to remove my Apple credit card. It is canceled"

-------

Add, then Add:

You need at least one Method of Payment associated to your device. This is because even free apps have the option to purchase item from within. So, add a new Method of Payment, and then remove this one.

or Financial Assistance, Contact Apple Store Support:

You need to contact Apple Support Directly. This is a User-to-User forum. We are all volunteers. So, as you may suspect, no one here has access to that information — and that is a good thing, BTW. That’s why for Financial Assistance, you need to contact Apple Support. They’ll see what’s going on and will run you through the fix.

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Apr 19, 2023 5:49 PM in response to Bevsvet

I have to take it off and put nothing there on Apple Pay or anywhere. It is worthless and closed. The bank closed it because of fraud and I don’t have a new card to replace it with. I saw where it in red remove credit card and I tried that and nothing happened. So what can I do please. I don’t want bad things to happen

Apr 19, 2023 9:05 PM in response to Carol B.

Thank you Carol, I have done what you said and it act like I hit something on the front side of my card in numbers. It still won’t work. Even says my payment information is incorrect and my payment is declined. I have the card I have’t destroyed it yet but something is wrong. It must have wanted me to add another card but I can’t. And everything is messed up now I guess because it touched it. Now I I don’t know what to do.

Apr 19, 2023 9:37 PM in response to Tesserax

I want to remove it from Apple pabecyase my card is closed. The bank closed for fraud and I don’t have another card. It won’t delete either I have it messed up because I don’t mess with Apple.

I don’t do things there. I don’t buy things, or play with things and I just recently added a card after all theses years and now I can’t get rid of it. Now something happy worse with a closed card.

Apple credit card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.