Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

can't see old photos library on mac

how to restore old photos library on Mac. I've opened a new library and I can't find the the old one on Mac. thanks

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Apr 20, 2023 5:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2023 7:53 AM

Anusca wrote: I've opened a new library and I can't find the the old one on Mac. thanks

Photos Libraries are usually found in the Pictures folder. If you don't find the missing one there, close Photos and option-click on the Photos icon to open a dialog that lists all the Photos Libraries that the app can find. If that doesn't work, use the find function in a Finder window to search for "photoslibrary" :

If it finds it, the path to its location will be shown at the bottom. You can open it by double clicking.

Let us know what happens...

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2023 7:53 AM in response to Anusca

Anusca wrote: I've opened a new library and I can't find the the old one on Mac. thanks

Photos Libraries are usually found in the Pictures folder. If you don't find the missing one there, close Photos and option-click on the Photos icon to open a dialog that lists all the Photos Libraries that the app can find. If that doesn't work, use the find function in a Finder window to search for "photoslibrary" :

If it finds it, the path to its location will be shown at the bottom. You can open it by double clicking.

Let us know what happens...

can't see old photos library on mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.