Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

-20% battery within half an hour on my brand new Iphone 14 Pro

Hello,

I've recently acquired a brand new Iphone 14 Pro. After directly transfering my data from my (very first Iphone) Iphone 11 Pro to my Iphone 14 Pro that I own now, I started using it and I was very surprised to see, that the battery life is bad. It drained for about -20 percent within 40 Minutes without any harder use. (Just TikTok, Spotify, Instagram and Whatsapp Business). I switched the always on screen off, because I didn't like it.

I've contacted Apple Support and they said that there was no underlying problem with the hardware. They did all the updates, but it was no use. So I decided to factory reset the phone and while it got better a bit after that, it's still not there yet, I feel like.

After a short call (about 2 minutes) and it dropped again for 1 percentile. Of course there's the very real possibility that I might overreact, since I've paid 1600 bucks for the piece and I can not seem to use it without having to recharge it half way through the day, but I'd like to know your opinion on the matter.

Thanks!

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Apr 20, 2023 7:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2023 10:25 AM

Leave it a few days to do its housekeeping.

Leave it on charge, on wi-Fi, all night every night so it does the housekeeping overnight.

This user tip contains a number of ideas  

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250004641 

Similar questions

1 reply

-20% battery within half an hour on my brand new Iphone 14 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.