how to stop my iPhone "always on" setting

Posted on Apr 20, 2023 1:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2023 1:44 PM

If by Always On you mean the Always On function, which so far is only available on the iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max, then you can deactivate it here: Settings Display & Brightness → disable Always On

If you find that your iPhone does not lock itself, it may be because Auto Lock is set to Never.

This can be done on all iPhone models. You can set your iPhone to lock automatically after between 30 seconds - 5 minutes. You can do this here: Settings Display & BrightnessAuto-Lock → Choose the time you want before your iPhone locks automatically.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2023 1:44 PM in response to gunnarfromsaskatoon

If by Always On you mean the Always On function, which so far is only available on the iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max, then you can deactivate it here: Settings Display & Brightness → disable Always On

If you find that your iPhone does not lock itself, it may be because Auto Lock is set to Never.

This can be done on all iPhone models. You can set your iPhone to lock automatically after between 30 seconds - 5 minutes. You can do this here: Settings Display & BrightnessAuto-Lock → Choose the time you want before your iPhone locks automatically.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.