What do you use your iPad Pro for after buying it?

On the third day after purchasing my 11-inch iPad Pro with an M2 processor, I realized that I only used it to watch YouTube. I simply found the larger screen more comfortable to watch, as my phone is the 14 Pro and the screen sizes are significantly different. However, aside from watching videos and movies, what else can an iPad do?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Apr 20, 2023 5:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2023 4:59 PM

I pasted no such info from Apple, from anywhere.

I created this list of what you can do with an iPad based on what I do everyday with my own iPads.

You can certainly do video editing and graphic design on an iPad.

Many video editing apps for iPad, including Apple's own iMovie and, just recently introduced, Apple’s Final Cut Pro.

Also, video editors, like LumaFusion, which has been with iOS/iPadOS for, at least, the past 5 years!

For Graphic Design, there are apps from Serif Labs called Affinity Publisher, Designer, Photo.

All available for a one-time price for each app OR a more expensive one time price if you want the Affinity grraphics design apps for both iPadOS/iOS/macOS, all for a one-time price.

OR

Adobe Systems Creative Cloud which consists of every app Adobe makes for both graphic design AND video editing, which includes InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Premiere, for a monthly subscription price.

You are not going to fimd free apps to do these activities.

There are too many apps, in the Apple iOS/iPadOS App Stores to be able to list all of the apps avaiable for specific activities you wish to try/accomplish.

You really need to do your own homework/research to find out what app/s you think yoy would like to pay for/download to do the things you want to do with your iPad.

Many third party paid,,creative apps,,usuaully, have some sort of trial use time amount, to try an app out for a period of time, before making a purchase of that app.

These support communities are not a place to find lists of recomended apps for a specific use, nor is this a place for posting personal tutorials of apps.

You need to figure out what, exactly, you want to do with both video editing and graphics design ( personal, commercial/professional or online media use ) and anything else you think you might want to use your iPad for, before anyone here can begin to recommend any, potential, apps to look at, from the iOS/iPadOS App Store.

Many places online to find info on iPad apps for all sorts of specific activities.

YouTube is an excellent source for both finding apps for all types of tablet apps for specific tablet activities and is an excellent source for video tutorials, on specific apps, as well.

Best of Luck to You!

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2023 4:59 PM in response to Jerrylin1009

I pasted no such info from Apple, from anywhere.

I created this list of what you can do with an iPad based on what I do everyday with my own iPads.

You can certainly do video editing and graphic design on an iPad.

Many video editing apps for iPad, including Apple's own iMovie and, just recently introduced, Apple’s Final Cut Pro.

Also, video editors, like LumaFusion, which has been with iOS/iPadOS for, at least, the past 5 years!

For Graphic Design, there are apps from Serif Labs called Affinity Publisher, Designer, Photo.

All available for a one-time price for each app OR a more expensive one time price if you want the Affinity grraphics design apps for both iPadOS/iOS/macOS, all for a one-time price.

OR

Adobe Systems Creative Cloud which consists of every app Adobe makes for both graphic design AND video editing, which includes InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Premiere, for a monthly subscription price.

You are not going to fimd free apps to do these activities.

There are too many apps, in the Apple iOS/iPadOS App Stores to be able to list all of the apps avaiable for specific activities you wish to try/accomplish.

You really need to do your own homework/research to find out what app/s you think yoy would like to pay for/download to do the things you want to do with your iPad.

Many third party paid,,creative apps,,usuaully, have some sort of trial use time amount, to try an app out for a period of time, before making a purchase of that app.

These support communities are not a place to find lists of recomended apps for a specific use, nor is this a place for posting personal tutorials of apps.

You need to figure out what, exactly, you want to do with both video editing and graphics design ( personal, commercial/professional or online media use ) and anything else you think you might want to use your iPad for, before anyone here can begin to recommend any, potential, apps to look at, from the iOS/iPadOS App Store.

Many places online to find info on iPad apps for all sorts of specific activities.

YouTube is an excellent source for both finding apps for all types of tablet apps for specific tablet activities and is an excellent source for video tutorials, on specific apps, as well.

Best of Luck to You!

Apr 20, 2023 11:26 PM in response to Jerrylin1009

Sketch/draw/paint/create art

Use as a graphics tablet

Edit photos/images

Create/Edit video content

Create/make music

Listen to music

Take/create/edit notes

Create/edit documents/spreadsheets/slideshow presentations.

Troll the Web with a larger screen iPad with a larger, desktop class Web browser.

Create online Websites

Use as an eBook/eMagazine reader

Play games

Video conferencing

Shop online

Email/text messaging.

Create/save recipes

Banking/paying bills online

Use as a TV remote/streaming device remote

If you own a cellular data capable iPad, use as a large gps/map/navigation device.

Get my News online

If you have an iPhone, you can pair your iPad to your iPhone to make SMS messages or make calls from your iPad to your iPhone making your iPad a remote device to your iPhone.

I often mirror my iPad to my TV for viewing my Photo library or other video apps to my large, flat screen TV or mirror spreadsheets/slideshows to my TV or other TV/projection source.

Jun 8, 2023 9:19 AM in response to Jerrylin1009

Hello~ This may be a link that will get you started...

iPad Pro - Why iPad - Apple

You can read through helpful Information above and zero in on what may be of interest to you. If you then have specific questions post back and folks like *MichelPM* and *SergZak* who in my opinion are some of our brightest here in the forum may be able to direct you forward. You have an amazing device and I am sure you will enjoy learning it's capabilities. Take care.

~Katana-San~

Jun 8, 2023 7:34 AM in response to SergZak

Thanks for your response, but it seems you've just mindlessly pasted a link to the Apple iPad Pro product page. Before purchasing my iPad Pro, I've meticulously researched all the specifications and features. What I was hoping for was practical advice or innovative ways to use it, not a generic link you've seemingly thrown together. I find your cursory response unacceptable, and I'd appreciate it if you could pay genuine attention to the substance of my question.

Jun 8, 2023 7:44 AM in response to Jerrylin1009

Hello ~ Please explain exactly what you would like to learn to do with your iPad? Perhaps then we can point you in the right direction. I conduct nearly everything in my daily life on mine. Remember we are all volunteers here in the forum and fellow members like yourself that spend hours of our day here helping others. If you would like more assistance than we can provide…go to the lower left and click on Support. Also you may find something here of help…

Today at Apple - Official Site - Free Sessions

~Katana-San~

Jun 8, 2023 8:56 AM in response to Katana-San

Hello Katana-San, thank you for your response. I'm specifically interested in exploring more productive uses for my iPad Pro. As of now, I've primarily used it for media consumption such as watching videos and playing games, but I realize I might be underutilizing the potential of the M2 chip.

I'd like to get into tasks that take advantage of the iPad's power. Perhaps things like video editing, graphic design, or using it more effectively for work-related tasks. Any advice or resources you could share for these areas, or other suggestions, would be greatly appreciated.

I understand everyone here is volunteering their time, and I sincerely value the insights and help I receive. I've checked the Today at Apple sessions, and I'll be looking more into those as well.

Thank you for your time,

Jerrylin1009

Jun 8, 2023 9:48 AM in response to Jerrylin1009

Sorry, but I didn't find SergZak's reponse "mindless"; in fact, it was recommended by Apple. They want us to refer to their instructions and/or knowledge articles. We are worldwide users who volunteer time on technical problems following Apple's forum terms & conditions. Questions are supposed to be about a technical problem rather than a broad tutoring.

You may want to consider zeroing in on a particular app or task you wish to accomplish.

What do you use your iPad Pro for after buying it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.