how can I remove password from the phone if I have Face ID?

how can I remove password from the if I have Face ID /

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Apr 20, 2023 5:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2023 5:52 PM

You can’t. FaceID supplements the passcode, it does not replace it. And you will still need the passcode under many circumstances. You might need to enter your passcode or Apple ID instead of using Face ID in these situations:

• The device has just been turned on or restarted.
  • The device hasn’t been unlocked for more than 48 hours.
  • The passcode hasn’t been used to unlock the device in the last six and a half days and Face ID hasn't unlocked the device in the last 4 hours.
  • The device has received a remote lock command.
  • After five unsuccessful attempts to match a face.
  • After initiating power off/Emergency SOS by pressing and holding either volume button and the side button simultaneously for 2 seconds.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2023 5:52 PM in response to layl_mohammed

You can’t. FaceID supplements the passcode, it does not replace it. And you will still need the passcode under many circumstances. You might need to enter your passcode or Apple ID instead of using Face ID in these situations:

• The device has just been turned on or restarted.
  • The device hasn’t been unlocked for more than 48 hours.
  • The passcode hasn’t been used to unlock the device in the last six and a half days and Face ID hasn't unlocked the device in the last 4 hours.
  • The device has received a remote lock command.
  • After five unsuccessful attempts to match a face.
  • After initiating power off/Emergency SOS by pressing and holding either volume button and the side button simultaneously for 2 seconds.

how can I remove password from the phone if I have Face ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.