forgot my MacBook password

forgot my new MacBooks password and it doesn't give me an option to find it using my Apple ID and password which I know

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Apr 20, 2023 6:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2023 6:32 PM

NASSigVR24 Said:

"forgot my MacBook password: forgot my new MacBooks password and it doesn't give me an option to find it using my Apple ID and password which I know"

-------

Troubleshooting Forgotten Mac Password:

Reset this Using the Login Screen:

You'd go through your Apple ID to perform this. Find out more here: If you Forgot your Mac Login Password - Apple Support. Make sure that caps lock is not enabled when typing it. No Success? Go here: If you can't Reset your Mac Login Password - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2023 6:32 PM in response to NASSigVR24

NASSigVR24 Said:

"forgot my MacBook password: forgot my new MacBooks password and it doesn't give me an option to find it using my Apple ID and password which I know"

-------

Troubleshooting Forgotten Mac Password:

Reset this Using the Login Screen:

You'd go through your Apple ID to perform this. Find out more here: If you Forgot your Mac Login Password - Apple Support. Make sure that caps lock is not enabled when typing it. No Success? Go here: If you can't Reset your Mac Login Password - Apple Support

forgot my MacBook password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.