Why Apple Music streaming is so first?

Which one (Spotify) is first?

Posted on Apr 20, 2023 7:24 PM

4 replies

Apr 20, 2023 8:04 PM in response to MrHoffman

Dear MrHoffman

thank you for your replying,

I mean I wanted to know why the music played so quickly.
A long time ago, iTunes played music after downloading it, which took a long time. However, now it is possible to play music data at the "instantaneous" speed that the human ear perceives. I think this is amazing.
There's no question that Apple Music is a great product, but why does it play so fast? I'm very interested in how it works.
I'm not just looking for a good subscription fast.

Thank you for your cooperation.

thank you & best regards

Kamada 21th Apr

Apr 20, 2023 8:22 PM in response to 剛史66

剛史66 wrote:

Dear MrHoffman

thank you for your replying,
I mean I wanted to know why the music played so quickly.
A long time ago, iTunes played music after downloading it, which took a long time. However, now it is possible to play music data at the "instantaneous" speed that the human ear perceives. I think this is amazing.
There's no question that Apple Music is a great product, but why does it play so fast? I'm very interested in how it works.
I'm not just looking for a good subscription fast.

Thank you for your cooperation.

thank you & best regards
Kamada 21th Apr

Data compression efficiency has increased, network speeds have increased, servers can be geographically dispersed with better locality, hardware data decompression assists are now in common use, and apps can now routinely start playing once enough data has been cached; usually well before the entire song has been downloaded.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.