Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yahoo shared calendar not syncing anymore with iPhone's calendar

Hi

I use iOS calendar app for years, in sync with 3 calendars of my yahoo account: 2 of them are personal, the 3rd one is a family calendar hosted on my wife's yahoo account and shared with mine.

Since a few days the app suddenly stopped syncing with this shared calendar (although I can see it in the list), no event appears anymore on this one. Of course I tried to delete and connect again to my yahoo account in the parameters, but it does not fix the issue.

I can still see all events of this shared calendar using a web browser on my yahoo account, so this is not an issue on the sharing itself.

Very annoying. Looks like something was broken recently in the iOS app.

Any help appreciated.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 21, 2023 2:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2024 10:56 AM

Hello, items I enter on iphone 12 show up yahoo calendar but items enter on yahoo calendar do not show up on iPhone. I have tried all suggestions but nothing seems to do the trick. Any other ideas?

35 replies

Jun 12, 2023 4:58 AM in response to inn611

I lost my Calendar on my iPhone yesterday. I have tried all the fixes with no results. The only twist that is different is I can enter an event on my iPhone calendar and sometimes it will show up on my Yahoo calendar on my PC. Using iPhone 13 with the latest software. Does anyone know if Yahoo is experiencing issues?

Jun 5, 2023 3:04 PM in response to guillaume226

I understand that you're experiencing an issue with your iOS Calendar app not syncing with a shared calendar from your Yahoo account. While I cannot directly troubleshoot or fix the issue for you, I can suggest a few steps you can try to resolve the problem:

1. Check Calendar Settings: Ensure that the shared calendar is still selected to be displayed in the Calendar app. Open the Calendar app, tap on "Calendars" at the bottom center of the screen, and make sure the checkbox next to the shared calendar is enabled.
  2. Refresh Calendars: Try pulling down on the Calendar app's main screen to force a refresh of your calendars. This action may trigger a sync with your Yahoo account and fetch the latest events.
  3. Re-add the Shared Calendar: Remove the shared calendar from the iOS Calendar app and then re-add it. To do this, go to the Calendar app, tap on "Calendars" at the bottom center of the screen, tap on the "i" icon next to the shared calendar, and choose "Delete from My iPhone." Afterward, add the shared calendar again by tapping on "Add Account" in the Calendar app's settings and selecting your Yahoo account.
  4. Check Yahoo Account Settings: Log in to your Yahoo account using a web browser and ensure that the shared calendar is still properly shared with your account. Verify the sharing settings and permissions to make sure they haven't changed.
  5. Update iOS: Ensure that your iOS device is running the latest version of the operating system. Sometimes, updating to the latest iOS version can resolve compatibility issues and bugs.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, you may need to reach out to Apple Support or Yahoo Support for further assistance. They will have access to more specific troubleshooting steps and can provide guidance based on your device and account setup.

Remember to back up your calendars or events before attempting any troubleshooting steps to avoid any potential data loss.

Jun 11, 2023 3:00 PM in response to mp197

Anyone had any success resolving this issue? My yahoo calendar will not sync with my Calendar on my iMac. It was fine until 4 days (or so) ago. I've been on phone with Apple support forever and they cannot figure it out. We've tried everything (deinstalling calendars, safe Mode, toggling every calendar button, etc.). Software on both iPhone and iMac both up-to-date....

Getting error 503.

Jun 11, 2023 10:36 PM in response to wag06

Exactly the same issue here. Also happened approximately 4 days ago. Tried everything with and without Apple Support’s help. Can’t see any events from my Yahoo calendar anymore- neither on my iPhone nor on Mac. Mac shows error 503. Would deeply appreciate help. I am dependent on the Yahoo calendar and need to see it on the iPhone

Jun 12, 2023 5:36 AM in response to guillaume226

I lost my Calendar on my iPhone yesterday. I have tried all the fixes with no results. The only twist that is different is I can enter an event on my iPhone calendar and sometimes it will show up on my Yahoo calendar on my PC. Using iPhone 13 with the latest software. Does anyone know if Yahoo is experiencing issues? Just a thought--I have not updated to Yahoo Plus. Have any of you updated to Yahoo Plus and having these issues?

Jun 12, 2023 10:40 AM in response to Kaz1449

I posted the issue on Yahoo "support". I encourage you to all add to my request and

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/600772-new-mail/suggestions/46763344-calendar-stopped-synching-downloading-to-iphone

Tag it as critical.

I also can add an event on my calendar on my Iphone 8+ and it is reflected on the Yahoo server. Events go up but nothing goes down to the phone.

Feb 21, 2024 3:05 PM in response to Kaz1449

I have the same exact issue. Started 2 days ago. I tried all the suggested fixes and nothing works. If I add an entry on the iPhone calendar and it shows up on Yahoo calendar but not the other way around. Also if I delete the entry from the Yahoo calendar from the browser it does NOT remove it from iPhone calendar. it appears that iPhone can partially communicate with Yahoo calendar and post the entry but Yahoo does not do the same.

Yahoo shared calendar not syncing anymore with iPhone's calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.