Lost phone

I recently found a iphone ive tried to locate the owner for 3 days waiting for a call or even text from original owner or for them to put the phone in lost mode but they havent. i tried to take it to the police today and they wouldnt take the phone is their anyway i could use it or should i just throw it away?

iPhone 14

Posted on Apr 21, 2023 10:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2023 10:56 AM

If the phone displays an Activation Lock, it is going to be useless to you or anyone else except the original owner. Take the phone to an Apple Store or authorized Apple Repair shop for recycling. Best Buy stores....if you have one near you....will also accept the phone for recycling.

4 replies

Oct 18, 2023 8:29 PM in response to Bwilly7121

I lost my IPhone at a UPS store here in Forest Hills, NY 11375. The store never sent it out for delivery. My feeling was it was taken by one of the employees in the store, because I told him the contents of the package was the latest model of IPhone 15 because they are obligated the contents of the package. I trusted this store because they have a good reputation. Can Apple trace where's the location of the phone? I know somebody will use it.

Can someone helping how to solve my problem. I have been going to the store and asked them what happened to my package and nobody will tell me anything. I've been depressed everytime I think of this.

Lost phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.