Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Replace Battery on iphone

Does anybody now how long it takes to replace a battery on iPhone 12 Pro Max?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 21, 2023 2:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2023 2:08 PM

If you're asking how long you'll need to wait at the store, that's going to depend on the store. I had my battery replaced back in the fall. I think it took three hours but that's mostly because it was a very busy store. The folks in the store will tell you what the anticipated time is.

3 replies

Apr 21, 2023 2:46 PM in response to Cheeelis

For Apple's official battery replacement service done at an Apple Store, a service center, or an Apple Authorized Service Provider, the physical process should take less than 30 minutes if the job is done thoroughly. But there's no guarantee about getting it done that quickly because of available of technicians, replacement batteries, and previous customers getting battery service. My own experience was that my iPhone was ready in less than 90 minutes. My dad came in near closing time and got it back the next day.

Apr 21, 2023 3:05 PM in response to Cheeelis

If you take the phone to an authorized Apple Service shop, they may be able to replace the battery while you wait, or tell you to grab some lunch and come back in an hour.

If you take the phone to an always busy Apple Store, try go get a morning appointment and you can usually get the phone back later that day. But....some stores are busier than others and no two stores are ever the same.

If you go on a Saturday, all bets are off.

Replace Battery on iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.