Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

How to prevent Music deletion on shared Apple IDs?

i’m in a family apple music plan, and the whole time ive been using my dads apple id. recently all of his songs appeared onto my device (iphone) and i think my playlists either disappeared or are on his device. i’ve sent my playlists to some friends and when i open them now all of the music has been deleted off of them. i was reading abt an issue where people’s playlists were getting switched out and was wondering if that was my problem or if it was because we’re on the same apple id

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 21, 2023 6:05 PM

3 replies

May 9, 2024 7:31 AM in response to percyyyy

It seems like you're having a problem with your Apple Music playlists and stuff, right?

I think the problem may be related to the shared Apple ID, as this can cause confusion and unexpected behavior of synced content. To prevent further issues, you may want to consider using separate Apple IDs for your Apple Music subscriptions and device usage. This should help keep your individual libraries and playlists free of interference from others.

How to prevent Music deletion on shared Apple IDs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.