FaceTime Camera on Macbook Pro Turns off seconds after launching a call (OS Monterey 12.3)

When I'm using FaceTime on my Mac, the camera keeps turning off during a call and stays black. I can get it to turn back on by hitting the camera button off and on again, but in a few seconds it automatically turns off again.

I have OS Monterey 12.3. I have tried restarting the app, restarting my computer. I have checked on forums and people with the same problem never had an answer, what can I do??

Posted on Apr 22, 2023 2:51 AM

1 reply

Apr 23, 2023 4:13 PM in response to gerardpointfr

Hello gerardpointfr,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We want to help get the FaceTime camera working normally for you again. See here for the steps to take for a camera issue when using your MacBook Pro:

This Apple Support page has the full instructions for steps to take regarding a camera issue: If the built-in camera isn’t working on your Mac - Apple Support

We hope this helps to isolate and resolve the issue causing the camera to turn off during the FaceTime call.

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Cheers!

FaceTime Camera on Macbook Pro Turns off seconds after launching a call (OS Monterey 12.3)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.