IPad Pro 11 Performance Issues

I have a new iPad Pro 11, only five months old. It has had performance issues for some time to include, keyboard “mistypes” meaning hitting a letter and another letter types; websites fail to load; text on websites load but graphics do not; very sluggish and slow performance to the point my iPad Mini beats my iPad Pro in download speed.

I had a chat with an Apple tech and he did an Analytical Analysis several times and it came up as in incomplete each time. I asked him what that meant and he said probably a software issue but offered no resolution. I have tried clearing cookies, all updates are current soft restart, etc and nothing works. Any ideas! I have Apple care but don’t know if that would get me a new iPad. I can’t live with these constant issues for another three years! Thanks for any advice.

Posted on Apr 22, 2023 4:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2023 5:30 AM

If exchanged under an active AppleCare plan, Apple may exchange your iPad for a renewed/reconditioned iPad of the same model and specification as the iPad that you have now.

Given the troubleshooting already attempted, your next step would be to fully reset your iPad - restoring your data from your iCloud or iTunes backup - ensuring that your backup is as up to date as possible before performing the reset:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

When you are happy to proceed, you can perform the reset from iPad settings:

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPad > Erase All Content & Settings

After resetting, you’ll set-up the iPad “as new” from the initial “hello” screen. At the end of the process, you’ll have opportunity to restore your backup to the iPad.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2023 5:30 AM in response to nancyfromga

If exchanged under an active AppleCare plan, Apple may exchange your iPad for a renewed/reconditioned iPad of the same model and specification as the iPad that you have now.

Given the troubleshooting already attempted, your next step would be to fully reset your iPad - restoring your data from your iCloud or iTunes backup - ensuring that your backup is as up to date as possible before performing the reset:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

When you are happy to proceed, you can perform the reset from iPad settings:

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPad > Erase All Content & Settings

After resetting, you’ll set-up the iPad “as new” from the initial “hello” screen. At the end of the process, you’ll have opportunity to restore your backup to the iPad.

Apr 22, 2023 6:11 AM in response to nancyfromga

You’re very welcome.

Hopefully the reset will restore normal function; a full reset and test, prior to exploring alternative remedies, would be the most sensible avenue to pursue.

As for Apple’s own renewed/reconditioned devices (as opposed to reconditioned devices that may be offered for purchase via non-Apple retailers), these are reportedly indistinguishable from new - having passed Apple’s own Quality and functional testing - and having a new casing and battery.

IPad Pro 11 Performance Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.