waze app works on my iphone, but no longer appears on my kenwood receiver using apple car play

I upgraded my iphone 12 to a iphone14 a couple of months ago. I Have always used Waze as my navigation app on my kenwood receiver in my car using car play with no issues. In recent months, waze would remain on when I was driving, even if I closed out the app on my phone. That was a minor annoyance but now, the waze app still works on my phone, but no longer appears on my receiver using car play. All the other apps forit show on car play, but not waze. Yes I have upgraded the software in my Kenwood receiver yesterday from the Kenwood site, and I removed the waze app from my phone, and reinstalled it but it still won't show as an app on my receiver. HELP!

iPhone 14

Posted on Apr 22, 2023 8:01 AM

1 reply

Apr 22, 2023 10:11 AM in response to TWPD19

After searching all over, and in the apple community I couldn't find the answer and then posted the question here. After I did so, I again searched every link to waze apps and apps not appearing on car play and stumbled upon the solution. After I got my ihone14, I had added some apps (news apps etc.. and upon looking at settings and car play in my iphone, I saw the fox news app and some other recently added apps had somehow gotten approval to run when car play ran.. I restricted those apps from running in car play, and also stopped "background refresh" to many apps that I don't really use often. I restarted my phone, started my Jeep, checked car play and waze reappeared!!!!!

Am hopeful that this solved it as it looks like it works now!

waze app works on my iphone, but no longer appears on my kenwood receiver using apple car play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.