Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

how can i update my macbook 15 inch

Can i update my ios 10 to 11

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Apr 22, 2023 12:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2023 1:19 PM

The model year of a MacBook Pro is available at Apple menu > About This Mac.

An Early 2008 through mid 2009 MacBook Pro can be upgraded to El Capitan 10.11.6  but no later version. See: How to download macOS - Apple Support

A mid 2010 through late 2011 MacBook Pro can be upgraded to High Sierra 10.13.6 but no later version. See: How to download macOS - Apple Support

A mid 2012 through early 2013 MacBook Pro can be upgraded to Catalina 10.15.7 but no later. See: How to download macOS - Apple Support

A late 2013 and mid 2014 can be upgraded to the latest  version of Big Sur macOS 11 but no later. See: How to download macOS - Apple Support

An early 2015 through 2016 MacBook Pro can be upgraded to the latest version of Monterey macOS 12. See: How to download macOS - Apple Support

A 2017 or later MacBook Pro can be upgraded to the current version of Ventura macOS 13. See: How to upgrade to macOS Ventura - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2023 1:19 PM in response to bre__22__

The model year of a MacBook Pro is available at Apple menu > About This Mac.

An Early 2008 through mid 2009 MacBook Pro can be upgraded to El Capitan 10.11.6  but no later version. See: How to download macOS - Apple Support

A mid 2010 through late 2011 MacBook Pro can be upgraded to High Sierra 10.13.6 but no later version. See: How to download macOS - Apple Support

A mid 2012 through early 2013 MacBook Pro can be upgraded to Catalina 10.15.7 but no later. See: How to download macOS - Apple Support

A late 2013 and mid 2014 can be upgraded to the latest  version of Big Sur macOS 11 but no later. See: How to download macOS - Apple Support

An early 2015 through 2016 MacBook Pro can be upgraded to the latest version of Monterey macOS 12. See: How to download macOS - Apple Support

A 2017 or later MacBook Pro can be upgraded to the current version of Ventura macOS 13. See: How to upgrade to macOS Ventura - Apple Support

Apr 22, 2023 7:08 PM in response to bre__22__

bre__22__ Said:

"how can i update my macbook 15 inch: Can i update my ios 10 to 11"

-------

About Updating a Mac:

Read the following...

Determining which Update(s) will Install:

I. Verify Compatibility:

A. Start Here: Learn About Compatibility and how to Identify your Specific Mac Model - Apple Support

B. How to Verify:

I. Reveal your Model:

What is the Model of your Mac? To find out...

1. Go to: Apple menu
  2. Click: About this Mac
  3. View: Second Line-Down

then...

II. Compare the Results:

See if the Model you found is shown here:

III. If Compatible:

how can i update my macbook 15 inch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.