Locked ipad

My daughter has an old iPad mini that I have reset to factory settings. It is locked to owners account

she has no idea what her user name or password or what email she would have used at that time. Is there any way to get past that

iPad mini (6th generation)

Posted on Apr 22, 2023 4:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2023 4:18 PM

Tell her to check her web browser autofill entries, the Keychain, and other records, or use Apple's iForgot service, or contact their Account Security team, or the unit's original owner to click here and submit an unlock request.

(238534)

4 replies

Apr 22, 2023 5:11 PM in response to Iamlo

Iamlo wrote:

she is the original owner

And without the Apple ID credentials, and here seemingly also without the receipt, that makes this locked iPad indistinguishable from a lost or stolen iPad.

Undoubtedly there are threads posted here authored by folks that either found or that stole an iPad too, and sought or pled or demanded access.

Y’all need that Apple ID and password, or need the receipt, or need other proof of ownership sufficient to convince Apple.

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

and

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

Apple’s I Forgot Service

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

Apr 22, 2023 4:20 PM in response to Iamlo

If not the associated Apple ID, then the original purchase receipt showing the serial number or similar proof sufficient to convince Apple of ownership, and Apple can then evaluate whether to release the lock.

iPad mini 3rd gen and older are limited in what they can do, and limited to what apps can be loaded. The mini 3rd can get to iOS 12, but that’s dropping off of third-party app support. 1st and 2nd gen mini is yet more limited.

Locked ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.