How do I disable pop-ups about SMS messages and activating iMessage and iCloud? (slightly different situation)

I changed to a new iPhone last year but I still use my old iPhone 7 time to time. It uses an old M1 SIM card which has expired very long ago, for it to be able to connect to Wi-Fi. Every time I restart the phone or open it, it shows those annoying pop-ups, which I screenshotted and is inserted into this post. I have seen the solutions in similar questions on this forum but I just want to stop the pop-ups and not like, get a new SIM card or anything. After disabling Facetime and iMessage I got the iCloud pop-up. Do I disable iCloud or something else? Thanks in advance.

iPhone 7

Posted on Apr 22, 2023 8:46 PM

4 replies

Apr 22, 2023 10:00 PM in response to Alric3107

If your iPhone is used with a carrier not found in the wireless carrier articles, an international SMS is sent each time you activate iMessage/FaceTime. (One SMS Only)

If there are 4 SMSs that indicates you have activated iMessage 4 times.

Each time you change the SIM or activate iMessage/iCloud/FaceTime you must have got these warnings (As Shown in the pic below). If you had tapped on OK then only then the SMS is sent .....

See the pic below

If you wish not to incur international charges then please do not activate iMessage for phone number, as shown in the pic below.

Apr 22, 2023 9:56 PM in response to Alric3107

To activate iMessage and FaceTime using your Phone number

First, check to know whether you have an SMS plan enabled at least for One SMS*** with your carrier. Contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider) the agency that issued the SIM to you

If your iPhone is used with a carrier not found in the wireless carrier articles, make sure you can send and receive international SMS. (One SMS*** Only)

If you can't turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple ...

*** You may not have an SMS plan enabled by your carrier for the SIM/eSIM that you use on your device. Apple Inc does not provide SMS services.

How do I disable pop-ups about SMS messages and activating iMessage and iCloud? (slightly different situation)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.