You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage Facetime won't accept my phone number

Hello,

days ago, I have changed my Phone and I Transform all my information on my new Phone.

The Problem is, that iMessage&Facetime doesn't accept my phone number.

I tray everything, but still doesn't work.

I hope you can help me.

Thank you

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

Posted on Apr 22, 2023 11:05 PM

3 replies

Apr 24, 2023 12:50 PM in response to Kosovagirl

Hello Kosovagirl,

If you're unable to select your phone number in Messages or FaceTime, please check out the information from the following link, which may help resolve that issue: Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime

If you can't see or select your number in Messages or FaceTime

1. Make sure that you're using the latest software for your Mac or iOS device
2. Make sure that you correctly followed the iPhone steps to set up your phone number. You should be using the same Apple ID on all of your devices.
3. In the “You can be reached” section of Messages and FaceTime settings, make sure that there are checkmarks beside your phone number and Apple ID:

iPhone showing how to choose where you can be reached

If your phone number is unchecked and you can't select it, or you have some other issue, follow these steps:

1. On your Mac:

* In Messages, choose Messages > Settings, then click iMessage. Click Sign Out.
* In FaceTime, choose FaceTime > Settings, then click General. Click Sign Out.

2. On your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch:

* Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
* Go to Settings > FaceTime. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.

3. On your iPhone:

* Go back to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is turned on.
* Tap Send & Receive, then choose “Use your Apple ID for iMessage” and sign in with your Apple ID.

4. Using the same Apple ID, sign back in to Messages and FaceTime on your other devices.

If you still need help, change your Apple ID password and repeat the setup steps. If that doesn't work, contact Apple Support.

Thanks!

Apr 25, 2023 6:03 AM in response to Kosovagirl

Hello Kosovagirl,

It looks like you've also had the opportunity to follow the steps in the related article above: If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

Since that behavior still persists, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support: Apple Support They'll be in the best position to assist further with situations related to your Apple ID.

Take care.

iMessage Facetime won't accept my phone number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.