You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where do I find my PUK code

Where do I find my puk code?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 23, 2023 8:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2024 9:38 AM

Fayeray02 wrote:

OK I did not know. PUK was the same as PIN code last week I was hacked on my phone so I changed my pin number. It has been working now it isn’t and I cannot make or receive any calls. If I need to call someone who do I call

The PUK code is not the same as the PIN code. If you enter the wrong PIN code too many times, it will as a last resort ask for the PUK code. If you enter the wrong PUK code too many time it will destroy the SIM card and you will need to purchase another from your carrier.

In any case, this is something that can only be resolved by contacting your carrier. They will be able to provide you the PUK code. It is not something you can find on your own.

13 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 24, 2024 9:38 AM in response to Fayeray02

Fayeray02 wrote:

OK I did not know. PUK was the same as PIN code last week I was hacked on my phone so I changed my pin number. It has been working now it isn’t and I cannot make or receive any calls. If I need to call someone who do I call

The PUK code is not the same as the PIN code. If you enter the wrong PIN code too many times, it will as a last resort ask for the PUK code. If you enter the wrong PUK code too many time it will destroy the SIM card and you will need to purchase another from your carrier.

In any case, this is something that can only be resolved by contacting your carrier. They will be able to provide you the PUK code. It is not something you can find on your own.

Mar 4, 2024 7:02 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Back in the early 1980’s my small company sublet office space to a smaller company called FYI, run by 3 women. You could call them with a question, either a significant one such as the prospects for world peace or just a question to decide a bar bet and they would research it for you and send you an answer, or a report if it was a complex question. Their rates were low enough so they were a practical source for bar bets, but enough so they could make a living.

Mar 4, 2024 7:33 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Lawrence Finch wrote:

Back in the early 1980’s my small company sublet office space to a smaller company called FYI, run by 3 women. You could call them with a question, either a significant one such as the prospects for world peace or just a question to decide a bar bet and they would research it for you and send you an answer, or a report if it was a complex question. Their rates were low enough so they were a practical source for bar bets, but enough so they could make a living.

Sounds a bit like Hepburn's job in "Desk Set", one of my favorite movies.

Where do I find my PUK code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.