Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

my phone is not working

hello

my phone xs is not restarting, I pressed 1 up 1 down on volume button then pressed lock button still not working

iPhone XS, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 23, 2023 10:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2023 11:20 AM

If you used (to no avail) these correct instructions:--> Put it on charge for at least half an hour, then, keeping it plugged in, use these gestures:

Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side (power) button. Only when the Apple logo appears (it might take 10-20 seconds), release that button (ignore all other screens that might appear, the one with the "slider" to turn the device off included).

but the issue still persists, it might be a hardware (battery? other internal component?) failure, and I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> https://locate.apple.com/choose-country-region . After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2023 11:20 AM in response to arusik5

If you used (to no avail) these correct instructions:--> Put it on charge for at least half an hour, then, keeping it plugged in, use these gestures:

Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side (power) button. Only when the Apple logo appears (it might take 10-20 seconds), release that button (ignore all other screens that might appear, the one with the "slider" to turn the device off included).

but the issue still persists, it might be a hardware (battery? other internal component?) failure, and I suggest that you make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> https://locate.apple.com/choose-country-region . After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

my phone is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.