My iPad air4 gets hot while charging?

My ipad air4 gets hot while charging?

iPad Air, iPadOS 15

Posted on Apr 23, 2023 12:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2023 12:59 PM

It is not unusual for an iPad to become warm when being used or charged - more so when using some types of iPad case. High screen brightness and/or CPU intensive Apps will also create more heat.

The key point is that whilst your iPad may become very warm in normal use or while charging, the iPad should not become uncomfortably hot to handle. If your iPad is becoming too hot to hold, you should take your iPad along to the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store - where the technicians can examine and test your iPad for faults.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2023 12:59 PM in response to kristine270

It is not unusual for an iPad to become warm when being used or charged - more so when using some types of iPad case. High screen brightness and/or CPU intensive Apps will also create more heat.

The key point is that whilst your iPad may become very warm in normal use or while charging, the iPad should not become uncomfortably hot to handle. If your iPad is becoming too hot to hold, you should take your iPad along to the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store - where the technicians can examine and test your iPad for faults.

My iPad air4 gets hot while charging?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.