Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

iPhone won't ring when using Apple Watch

Phone will not ring when wearing watch

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 23, 2023 2:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2023 1:27 PM

It is infuriating that when i wear my apple watch my phone does not ring or allow text messages even after I have directed my watch to mirror my phone. Also the iwatch fails to alerts regularly, it is arbitrary. There has to be a fix for this. I want both alerting me of everything all the time. My phone is rarely on mute but that is when the iphone actually does alert me. Please if anyone knows how to fix this please chime in. I thought getting the 15 pro max would fix this from my 13 and it hasn't.

I also have discovered that if my phone is in the vicinity of my ipad it also stops alerting me as well. My phone is my works line so very important that I don't miss calls and texts. Thank you in advance

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2023 1:27 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

It is infuriating that when i wear my apple watch my phone does not ring or allow text messages even after I have directed my watch to mirror my phone. Also the iwatch fails to alerts regularly, it is arbitrary. There has to be a fix for this. I want both alerting me of everything all the time. My phone is rarely on mute but that is when the iphone actually does alert me. Please if anyone knows how to fix this please chime in. I thought getting the 15 pro max would fix this from my 13 and it hasn't.

I also have discovered that if my phone is in the vicinity of my ipad it also stops alerting me as well. My phone is my works line so very important that I don't miss calls and texts. Thank you in advance

iPhone won't ring when using Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.