I bought a used macboook on eBay. It has a firmware lock. How can I use the MacBook?

How to use a used MacBook with a firmware lock.

Posted on Apr 23, 2023 3:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2023 4:54 PM

duke50bhc Said:

"I bought a used macboook on eBay. It has a firmware lock. How can I use the MacBook?: How to use a used MacBook with a firmware lock."

-------

Getting Info a Locked Mac:

You have been scammed. This is the site the owner should have used prior to selling it: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade In your Mac - Apple Support. The seller should have know better. So, get on their case by contacting eBay.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2023 4:54 PM in response to duke50bhc

duke50bhc Said:

"I bought a used macboook on eBay. It has a firmware lock. How can I use the MacBook?: How to use a used MacBook with a firmware lock."

-------

Getting Info a Locked Mac:

You have been scammed. This is the site the owner should have used prior to selling it: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade In your Mac - Apple Support. The seller should have know better. So, get on their case by contacting eBay.

I bought a used macboook on eBay. It has a firmware lock. How can I use the MacBook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.