Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

I changed the APPLE ID on my IPAD pro to another famly member BUT all my imessages are still there....How do I get them off and their messages going there to match what's on their phone?

I changed the APPLE ID on my IPAD pro to another famly member BUT all my imessages are still there....How do I get them off and their messages going there to match what's on their phone?

iPad Pro (2nd generation)

Posted on Apr 23, 2023 6:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2023 8:04 PM

On that iPad, follow the instructions in the following guide published by Apple 👉 What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPad

The above guide will help you erase that iPad completely and reset it back to factory settings. The guide also has informaiton that will help the other family member set it up with their Apple ID and that will match the information on their iPhone.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2023 8:04 PM in response to Bert305

On that iPad, follow the instructions in the following guide published by Apple 👉 What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPad

The above guide will help you erase that iPad completely and reset it back to factory settings. The guide also has informaiton that will help the other family member set it up with their Apple ID and that will match the information on their iPhone.

Axel F.

Apr 23, 2023 8:35 PM in response to Bert305

Hello,

If you have signed out from your apple ID and signed back in with family member's apple ID and even though if you are seeing your Apple ID in iMessages then Follow steps below:

Settings > Messages > Send and Receive> Click on your email which is in Blue Font > Sign Out

Then,

Click on Use Apple ID to Sign In > Continue / Sign in > Check.

Do same for Facetime.

------------------------

After this make sure you follow Forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your Mac or iPad - Apple Support (CA) to make messages similar to their phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.