Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Stereo out AND a mono monitor output from MainStage

Hi,

I have an audio interface with 2 main stereo outs and 8 additional outputs. Is there a way that I can duplicate outputs 1&2 into a mono output via MainStage or audio midi setup to go through the audio interface on output 3?

I know I can set up a bus to send the audio out to an aux channel routed to output 3 but that needs to be done for every instrument in every patch but I have over 40 patches and some have 20 layers and splits in the them, so doing it on every channel would take ages. I would also need to set these up as post fade, not pre fade in case we alter any volume/balance of patches.

All I want is some way to send a mono mix so it can go to an onstage amp (no audio out on it sadly) whilst the main 1&2 go to the main output a the sound engineer.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Neil

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 6:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2023 3:21 AM

Hi

One (quick) way might be to:

A) Open Concert and re-save new version

B) Right click on the output section of a channel strip, choose Change All, and select an unused Bus (your FoH Main Mix)

C) Add a Send to that (Main Mix Bus) ... route to another unused Bus ( Mon Mix Bus)... mono/stereo as required or add a Gain plug set to mono later

D) Route the Output of your Mon Mix channel to Outputs 3/4 on your interface

CCT

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2023 3:21 AM in response to Totalmusic

Hi

One (quick) way might be to:

A) Open Concert and re-save new version

B) Right click on the output section of a channel strip, choose Change All, and select an unused Bus (your FoH Main Mix)

C) Add a Send to that (Main Mix Bus) ... route to another unused Bus ( Mon Mix Bus)... mono/stereo as required or add a Gain plug set to mono later

D) Route the Output of your Mon Mix channel to Outputs 3/4 on your interface

CCT

Stereo out AND a mono monitor output from MainStage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.