Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Apple Watch 8

Why doesn’t the adapter to charge the watch fit into any of my usb ports. Have an I phone se. Wasn’t told I needed a special usb

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 6:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 7:02 AM

The current range of Apple Watch are all capable of fast charging with their supplied charger when it is driven by an approved USB-C power adapter. Your watch can also be charged by the older USB-A type chargers if you have one around from a previous Apple Watch. However, to reflect the current rend for eco-usage, waste reduction, and for reduced cost Apple does not supply a power adaptor with each device because many customers already have many power adapters which can be used.

If you don't have a matching pair of charger and power adapter, you seem to have a choice. You can add either a suitable USB-A cable which will fit your existing USB-A power adapters,

Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Cable (1 m) - Apple

-or-

you can add a USB-C power adapter which will work with the new Watch Charger cable. Without knowing where you live around the world I can't suggest the exact type for wall plug matching, but my generic options would be the 20W charger

Buy 20W USB-C Power Adapter - Apple

-or-

The 35W dual port charger, because I love the one I have for charging 2 devices when I travel

35W Dual USB-C Port Power Adapter - Apple

I think those links should give you the general idea and point you at a suitable solution but you might have to search a little to get your local version in your home currency.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2023 7:02 AM in response to josiebrown

The current range of Apple Watch are all capable of fast charging with their supplied charger when it is driven by an approved USB-C power adapter. Your watch can also be charged by the older USB-A type chargers if you have one around from a previous Apple Watch. However, to reflect the current rend for eco-usage, waste reduction, and for reduced cost Apple does not supply a power adaptor with each device because many customers already have many power adapters which can be used.

If you don't have a matching pair of charger and power adapter, you seem to have a choice. You can add either a suitable USB-A cable which will fit your existing USB-A power adapters,

Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Cable (1 m) - Apple

-or-

you can add a USB-C power adapter which will work with the new Watch Charger cable. Without knowing where you live around the world I can't suggest the exact type for wall plug matching, but my generic options would be the 20W charger

Buy 20W USB-C Power Adapter - Apple

-or-

The 35W dual port charger, because I love the one I have for charging 2 devices when I travel

35W Dual USB-C Port Power Adapter - Apple

I think those links should give you the general idea and point you at a suitable solution but you might have to search a little to get your local version in your home currency.

Apple Watch 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.