How to change Apple ID from an iPad

My husband gave me his old iPad. I need to know how to change his Apple ID to my Apple ID, and his address to my gmail account, phone number. I want to keep his apps. is the reason from scrapping the iPad and starting all over,

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 7:40 AM

Your husband will need to prepare the iPad for use by you - the new user. The correct process will remove the Activation Lock that will otherwise cause difficulties - and erase all personal and sensitive data that you’ll not want synchronised with your own account:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2023 7:40 AM in response to qt25m2

Your husband will need to prepare the iPad for use by you - the new user. The correct process will remove the Activation Lock that will otherwise cause difficulties - and erase all personal and sensitive data that you’ll not want synchronised with your own account:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Apr 24, 2023 7:40 AM in response to qt25m2

Have him do the things in this link:

While there are ways to retain old apps on a device, it will end up being a problem for you when trying to update. A better solution is to use Family Sharing. To learn how to set up Family Sharing, read this support article --> Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

How to change Apple ID from an iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.