Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

iCloud Photos

I have a brand new computer, running Ventura. My Photos library was being stored on an external drive. With this computer I moved it to my HD. I have turned on all the iCloud syncing on all devises. I also want to house hard copies of my photos on my computer.

I uploaded all the photos, recreated all my albums. Every time I open photos it saying my library is syncing. It has been doing this for two days. The status bar never moves. I have about 4800 photos in my library. I have looked on Google and YouTube to try and figure out why things never seem to fully sync. I am not considering starting all over again, but the thought of recreating all my albums is not appealing.

Wondering if there is a step-by-step I should follow that I didn't follow the first time.

As always, the help is appreciated.

MacBook Pro (M2 Max, 2023)

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 1:16 PM

Depending on the size of your library, it may take days to conduct the first sync with iCloud. If you think there is an issue, be sure to restart your Mac. Syncing happens in the background so it's best to leave the device plugged in and on overnight to allow syncing

Similar questions

3 replies

iCloud Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.